Thursday, November 19, 2009

Work In Progress

maple changing table


Many of my friends and family know that I am making a changing table for the nursery. Here is my progress so far. The case is built, with the trim and legs all attached. It is made of maple, to match the crib Jenny's dad built.

I still have to make the top piece, the drawers, and the shelves. Even though there is a lot left, I am pretty pleased with how it has gone so far.

I have learned a lot, since this is the first time I have built a real piece of furniture. Everyday, I figure out new ways of doing things. Plus, I keep realizing how many things my miniature wood shop is missing. For example, I didn't own any sawhorses. So, partway through building this case, I took some time out to build those sawhorses in the photo. I am pretty proud of those too.

2 comments:

Anonymous November 22, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

You continue to amaze us!! Mom & Dad

John November 22, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

I like it!! Very cool.

PS--and the sawhorses!

Subscribe by Email

Enter your email:

Recent Comments

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP