Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our New Entertainment Center


Our living room was designed with an 8 foot tall empty nook in the main wall. It is pre-wired for surround sound. Also the space above the fireplace is pre-wired for mounting a TV.

I didn't want to buy a cabinet for the space. Instead I made a custom built-in unit. This was by far the biggest woodworking project I have ever done. I learned a lot.

It isn't complete yet, but we are almost there. We are going to paint it this week. We ordered a new TV, Blu-Ray player, and sound system already. The TV will be mounted above the fireplace. The components will be on one of the center shelves. The rest of the shelves will be filled with books, of course.

The bottom left shelf is perfectly sized for my old computer tower. I am going to connect it to the TV so we can watch web videos (like streaming Netflix movies) on it.


3 comments:

Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

Very nice. Good job Ted.

John

antonieta1954 February 5, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

Well this is great! I guess you got some tips from the carpenter in the family, right?
I am very proud of my favorite son in law :-)

Anonymous February 5, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

NEAT!! Folks from Iowa

Subscribe by Email

Enter your email:

Recent Comments

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP