Thursday, April 10, 2008

You'll like Ted Scott.

I found out that the author of the Hardy Boys series (actually several authors writing under the same pen name) also wrote 20 books about a "daring young American" pilot named Ted Scott. Apparently, back in the roaring 20's the Ted Scott books outsold the Hardy Boy books.

I feel somewhat more famous now. I will have to get some of those books.

It seems that in book #1, Ted Scott was the first pilot to fly over the Atlantic. Thus, the character was a copy of Lindbergh and capitalized on his fame at a time when the United States was nutso for airplanes.

From the website:
You'll like Ted Scott. He's a daring young American whose feats of flying thrill the whole world, but he keeps a level head on his shoulders.

1 comments:

John April 23, 2012 at 3:27 PM  

Well, I had no idea my daughter was married to such an interesting character. Actually I guess I did know that.

Subscribe by Email

Enter your email:

Recent Comments

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP